Social Media Marketing (SMM) is a form of internet marketing that creates and shares content on social networks to achieve your marketing and branding goals. Social media marketing includes activities such as publishing text and image updates, videos and other content that can appeal to the public, as well as paid social media advertising.
‘Techopedia explains Social Media Marketing (SMM) is a necessity for many customer-driven enterprises as it gives the impression of a more immediate connection between the customer and the seller. Moreover, campaigns spread through social media are believed to have more resonance because they are usually discovered through links shared by trusted sources. The rich data available through social media can allow advertisers to target their message to very specific audiences, providing the potential for better results.’
Social media marketing is also known as creating content that promotes your business and products on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Your unique content must be tailored to the specific platform it is shared on to drive conversions and increase brand awareness.
Social media marketing is about meeting your target audience and your customers where they are and in their social interaction with each other and with your brand.
While Social Media Marketing as a whole is extremely valuable and beneficial to the growth of your business and your strategy will vary depending on the social networks your audience is in.
There are various reasons which further describe the importance of marketing through Social Media platforms and some of them are mentioned below:
• Your customers use social media and social media marketing can help increase brand awareness.
• Consumers become more receptive to your messages when marketing through social media, which helps increase your inbound traffic.
• Different social media channels help you reach a specific audience, and social media advertising allows you to reach and redirect ideal consumers.
• Social media marketing is profitable and leads to higher conversion rates.
• Social media marketing can help you to improve your search engine ranking and promote competition.
• Social media marketing helps to improve brand loyalty, brand authority and consumers are looking for social media referrals.
• Social media marketing gives you the opportunity to get new information about your customers and connect your brand to customers you did not know.
The world of today is dominated by mobile phones and people panic when they are not constantly connected. It’s time to write a letter, give it a top-quality stamp, and hope it arrives on time. Today, technology covers the use of social media to connect people around the world in an instant.
When we talk about social network marketing, it’s not just about posting pictures of past nights or videos of your pets. Social media is a productive tool for entrepreneurs. After all, your customers are active in social media, and so should you.
Of course, every social media platform is unique and the first step in social media marketing is to know where the audience is most active. For example, if your business is in the B2B market, consider LinkedIn, while those targeting teens under the age of 18 would make better use of Instagram or Twitter.